Thursday, December 20, 2007

 

Foosball good; Osler bad

The foosball extravaganza went great last night. Most importantly, we raised $404 for Mission Waco (including the Bates/Osler match). Bates and I ended up with a record of 21-7, which isn't as good as last year. The problem was pretty much me. For one thing, I kept moving the goalie guy out of the way of the ball, which is not a recipe for defensive success in foosball.

I can't remember if we won or lost against this squad:


The All-Blogger Team (Spanish Medievalist and Baker), who beat us fair and square:


We lost this match:


Won this one:


Somehow, we defeated this crew:


Another Bates/Osler victory!:


These guys beat us in the very first game:

Comments:
We beat you.

I see how it is. Trying to purge the record books of our victory, but it won't work! I'm on to you, Osler!
 
In my third match of the night, Poseur and I did win, but our third man was you, moving the little goalie guy out of the way. That's stealth foosball. I am still scratching my head, however, over the Bates Super Stealth shot from all the way across the table. Was he just picking up the ball and making a smacking noise as if he had scored? Big thanks to all who came out and donated their money to a great cause.
 
osler, introduce me to the redhead. she's cute.
 
Doh! Medievalist/Baker: You're right-- I got the pictures (and the day) mixed up when I posted this earlier this morning. Sorry, man!
 
Anon-- I think the redhead you are referring to is Bates (it must be the flash that does that to his hair). C'mon up to the third floor and I would be happy to introduce you!
 
More proof that we all went to law school because math is hard: shouldn't the money raised be a multiple of 5 (or really 10)? Unless you charged your blogger adversaries an extra dollar each for the privilege of posting bragging rights the next day, of course.
 
ALV--

Some people donated random amount of money over $5, so that's where that comes from...
 
I'm sorry I was in Houston and couldn't make it. If you're still taking donations, I'd be happy to contribute $5 when I get back on the 5th.

It's a great tradition and I hope it continues.
 
me to sorry to have missed it. I'll make a contribution to the cause as well.

anne
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#