Sunday, December 30, 2007

 

Holiday Highlights!


Tonight I'm in Chattanooga, Tennessee, on my way to visit Bill Underwood and his family in Macon, which isn't a bad place to spend New Year's Eve. While driving today, I recapped some of the fun events of the past week:

1) My Dad took me down to see the newly-refurbished Detroit Institute of Art, which has been closed for over a year. The redo looks great. The photo above shows the broad scope of the Diego Rivera murals, part of which I use in the PR art lecture.

2) For maybe the first time in my life, I got a $39 haircut. My cousin Elizabeth recommended this guy named Taylor, and I think he did a pretty good job.

3) Seeing Detroit always brings up mixed emotions. Parts of it are very beautiful, other parts crushingly depressing. I did go by the old train station, now abandoned and gutted, which served as a set for the Transformers movie.

4) I kinda look forward to getting back to Waco. My blood has thinned out; it seemed really cold to me, and then I realized that it was only about 30 degrees, not 0 or -10 like I thought.

Comments:
WOW the DIA looks amazing!!!
Good for them!

$39 FOR A HAIRCUT IS NOT BAD, UNLESS IT HOLDS UP AIR TRAFFIC FOR FOUR HOURS.

Of Course, I usually spend like around $15 at Supercuts... After I became a mom I got too busy to worry about my hair, which honestly is about the worst hair on earth.
 
WOw Osler There is this restaurant in Canby, and their Veg Soup SUCKS.
My WW leader's sister owns that place. Next meeting I am going to tell her that their soup sucks and that they should try my soup and if They like it, maybe I could make soup full time.

Maybe this is the year I will "follow my bliss."

Of course, I will need more crock pots.

Just a random thought and I was wondering if you had made any New Years Resolutions.
 
Yeah, $39 is not bad for a haircut. In Zurich, it can cost as much as $70 USD or more for a man's haircut, I hear. They give you good coffee with it, but still . . .
 
You know that price is ridiculous, especially since like 60% of the men I know actually do not actually have much hair....
 
You know that price is ridiculous, especially since like 60% of the men I know actually do not actually have much hair....
 
I pay $20 to my barber Jose'. He has his own shop. I've been going to him for years. He used to work with Vito at the Federal Bar Building Barber shop. But Vito died and the building got knocked down.

Jose' and I talk baseball. He's a Cubano.
 
Shoot! Manuel only cost me $11 this morning, and he did a fabulous job!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#