Monday, December 03, 2007

 

How else am I supposed to operate air traffic control from my car?


Last Friday I lost my phone. Many have you have been through the same thing-- the frantic searching, the despair, the realization that you never backed up all the information in your phone, etc. In the end, I gave up and got an iPhone. It's very fun.

Since I am a lawyer, though, I always read the contracts I sign, even is it is 22 pages long, like the iPhone's Terms and Conditions. While reading through that document, I did find something very intriguing in the second paragraph. In all caps, it informed me that I could not use my iPhone for the following things:

- Operating a nuclear facility
- Aircraft navigation
- Air traffic control


Seriously, is there a chance I would be able to operate a nuclear facility with my phone? Yikes!

Fortunately, I am still allowed several other functions, including controlling the speed of Prof. Serr's pacemaker, which will come in handy at our debate at 7 pm tonight in Room 122 at the law school.

Comments:
It sounds like post-9/11 CYA on the part of the Apple legal department.

But now somebody will probably try to do it, just because Apple mentioned it . . .
 
Does this mean that if I show up late for orientation that I will get to talk to prof. Fusilier on an iPhone! Whoop!
 
You have a special knack for self-promotion. Your iPhone contract inspired you to advertise for your debate. Shameless.

By the way, check out my review of No Country for Old Men at www.danbuck.blogspot.com.
 
Knowing that you are indeed a technophile, I do have to question just how hard you REALLY looked for that old phone before deciding, "OH WELL! Guess I have to buy an iPhone!"

Did you at least look under debate briefing books you've been studying?
 
Debate briefing books? Huh. Didn't think of that.
 
Pssst: Serr has a note on his door that says he is hiding from you today.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#