Wednesday, March 12, 2008

 

Another interesting place....


Yesterday, I gave a guest lecture for Chapman Law School's LLM program in criminal prosecution. I love seeing other schools, and I've been able to get that opportunity recently-- this was my third such chance in the last month (the others being Northern Kentucky and Pepperdine). I always come away with new ideas and a better perspective on what we are doing at Baylor.

The LLM program in prosecution is a great idea. The students are primarily career prosecutors who have significant experience in the field. Some of the classes are provided via distance learning-- that is, many of the students participate in lectures via videoconference. This means that not only was I talking to people in a room, but a screen with a checkerboard pattern of faces spread across the state of California-- it was hard not to think of Hollywood Squares.

Thanks to Chapman's Katherine Darmer for the invite-- it was a great insight into a different way of doing things. I also had a chance to have lunch with the Dean and faculty at Chapman, and was very impressed by what they are up to, including the development of this LLM program.

I wonder if anyone will do something like this in Texas?

Comments:
Did you know that "Charlie Weaver" is the father of the various Arquette actresses and actor? Yes, his real name was Arquette.

And who was Totie Fields anyway?
 
The ultimate
Compliment my grandfather would make if a woman was attractive was to say that she has legs like ruby keeler. I don't know who that is either.

Osler why should spitzer resign? Just for hookers???

BAd yes but first guy ever??? I don't get it

Hate to type on blackberry
 
Spitzer merits his own post...
 
yeah sorry about that...Breaking News...

I think life should be like Hollywood Squares. I would live a quiet life in the lower right hand corner... far from the wild neighborhoods of the Upper left. And I would never live in the Center Square... Yes it is where all the happenings are but that is where the crime is too. Lower Right is a better place to raise children.


Tonight we got take and bake pizza. Bill and SPencer got their usual... the Cowboy pizza. I do not like that one and I also hate thick crust I like the thinnest crispiest crust possible.

I actually worked at a pizza place one summer answering phones, and this opne lady called all the time and owudl order a think crust and she always wanted it EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA WELL DONE. She was always afraid it would not be burned enough and always threatened to send it back if it was not burned enough. One day I was sick of her saying this and I actually said to her: "Well, I promise it will be very very burned. In fact, for fifty cents extra we could set it on fire."

I did not work there all that much longer.....

Anyway....Instead of getting the regular chicken artichoke de-lite (VERY thin crust and half the calories) pizza from PAPA MURPHY's Take and Bake tonight, I was sick of that one so I got all creative and I made up my own pizza. It has pepperoni, onion, green pepper, pineapple and mushrooms.

It is VILE just horrible. The moral of this story is: Creativity is bad. And Pineapples are not good with onions.
 
Well, it looks like this entry got hijacked, just not in the direction I had hoped.

Totie Fields gets ignored again.
 
Yes, It looks like it. I Hijacked Osler's blog. AGAIN.

I thought for sure people would be blogging about the fact that the Gov of NY resigned over hookers, since it is all anyone can talk about.

And I DID mention The Squares..and which one I would like to live in..

Totie Fields:
1930 – August 2, 1978)[1] was an American comedian who was not afraid to poke fun at her own weight problems. She was quoted as saying "I've been on a diet for two weeks and all I've lost is fourteen days.

Ruby Keeler:

Ruby Keeler, born Ethel Hilda Keeler, (August 25, 1910 – February 28, 1993), was an actress, singer, and dancer most famous for her on-screen coupling with Dick Powell in a string of successful early musicals at Warner Brothers.
 
Why cannot Baylor be the first in Texas?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#