Thursday, March 20, 2008

 

Go Bears! Score more points than your boilerhead opponents!


Today is a huge day for Baylor Sports, as the Men's basketball team plays a first-round game in the NCAA tournament against Purdue. Baylor is an 11 seed, but seems to be a good match-up with Purdue. It's Baylor's first time in the tournament since 1923, when they beat Bryan School of Dance (now Texas A & M University) before losing to the University of Chicago in the second round. Purdue, on the other hand, makes the tournament almost every year under the rule that all schools located in the state of Indiana get an automatic entry regardless of record.

Hey Tyd-- the game will be on TV! It will be televised from Washington, providing a needed distraction from that town's recent obsession with Elliot Spitzer's dalliances and the impending birth of IPLawBaby II (these being events with no connection between them, according to some reports).

I, of course, won't be watching the game. Instead, I'll be watching four students do direct and cross-examination exercises. Nonetheless, I plan to root for the Bears by critiquing the students while shirtless, with a giant green and gold "B" painted on my chest (see illustration).

UPDATE: Bears lose 90-79. Boilerheads everywhere celebrate by swinging mallets at one another.

Comments:
All the games can be seen online at sportsline.com So you could just bring your trusty macbook into the courtroom and plop it down on the chair next to you and you can see the game and "watch" direct/cross at the same time! lol
 
You know I have Direct TV - in fact I watch so much that they made me my very own dish that I wear strapped to my head at all times. It is hard at at times to keep a clear view of the southern sky but I manage.

Anyway I found this half an hour show once on some sports channel that was all about BAYLOR SPORTS - Something like BAYLOR SPORTS THIS WEEK I cannot remember the name.

Did you KNOW that your Sports teams had their own show?
 
Tyd-- That show is called "Bowling for Dollars." It is all about Baylor Sports, and they give out prizes.
 
Tyd, "Inside Baylor Sports" airs Sunday nights on a local channel at 10:30, after the late local news. Baylor then syndicates it to CBS College Sports (formerly CSTV) and FSN Southwest.
 
Hmmm... Anon 2:39 seems oddly knowledgeable for someone who is up in the middle of the night...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#