Monday, March 24, 2008

 

I picked Davidson for the Sweet 16! (and other lies)


My bracket is hash. I picked none of the upsets, but did guess wrong on several others. The Baylor Male Bears left the dance early (the Female Bears play tonight in the second round v. Pittsburg). Sadness abounds.


Perhaps the only redeeming thing I have gotten from the tournament is this great picture of the Western Kentucky mascot, Big Red. I stole it from Baker's blog, where he made note of this goofy thing. I'm not clear what he is, exactly. But here's the thing-- he reminds me of nothing so much as Stephen Baker himself. Affable, good-hearted, apparently intelligent... hmmm. Plus, just like Baker's blog photo of himself, he appears to be bowling! It's hard to miss the physical similarities, and the recently graduated Mr. Baker was at school last week talking about having "gotten a job." I did notice that Baker wasn't around once Western Kentucky started playing...

Comments:
You know, that thing looks like it would fit right in with the theme for our Fraternity's Homecoming Float during the 80's. Nuclear explosions, a can of foaming Raid, a Greek Column with a football helmet, etc.
 
Is it supposed to be a crawfish?

It looks kind of Crawfishy to me... or like an insect maybe.
 
OK I looked on the website.. The thing is called a BIG RED.

A "BIG RED" WHAT?????

That's just silly. What kind of school is that? Certainly no match for a bear.
 
Well I believe WKU fans are called "Hilltoppers" so maybe "Big Red" is a Hilltopper?

If you ever visit the WKU campus you will find that the hilltopper is a very appropriate mascot.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#