Friday, July 31, 2009

 

Haiku Friday: Mrs. CL Style


Hi kind fellow Razor enthusiasts! This is Mrs. CL, and apparently, I have been asked to help babysit the blog while the great and powerful Os is off the grid. I am personally a great fan of indoor plumbing and electricity, so I am an “on the grid” kind of person, but to each his own.

It occurs to me that while I am a daily reader, infrequent poster and occasional subject of the Razor, y'all may not know much about me other than I am one half of the CL's. Please feel free to ask. I hope to take care of the lighter side of the blog and leave the heavy lifting to Iplawguy and Mr. CL. Haiku, recipes, and general silliness, I'm your girl.

The photo is a picture of one of my first patients taken at my first real job as an R.N. at Medical City Dallas in October 1994. She was a newborn with whooping cough and went home several weeks later.

So, I shall add blog babysitting to resume. You just never know when that might come in handy. This week's Haiku topic is Ode to Summer Employment, First Jobs or Slurpees. 5/7/5 kids!

Not really a first
But a sweet wee baby in
Costume. First real job.

Comments:
Unlike other drinks,
Slurpees do not make me slur.
Nor, make me go pee.

Mr. CL
 
Could I have been the
Intern for Mrs. CL?
Not at fourteen!
 
Drove a big tractor
I harvested peas at night
Far, far from Grosse Pointe.
 
At local DQ
I was summer Queen and
Yes, I swirled it.
 
My summer job:

Blog, blog, blog, blog, blog
Swim, swim, swim, swim, swim, swim, swim
Blog, blog, blog, blog, blog
 
A Shores Park life guard
Hired on my sixteenth b-day
Just add H2Oh

That was my first 'real' job. Prior to that I had multiple side jobs.

I babysat for
the Gibson's while the Mom played
tennis with her friends (at home)

The Renick's never
had any food in the house
when I sat with Biz
 
Now Biz is forty,
She shot a man in Reno
Just to watch him die.
 
In the blazing heat
Unload shipping containers
Miracle diet.
 
I would love to hear some recipes from Mrs. CL!! I like Micah's job...I wonder if they are hiring? :)

First Job
Christmas, Thanksgiving
Family 'round the table, but
Movie popcorn, me.

Summer sun, school's out,
Friends at the lake, but I sell
Upgrades on soda.

Fishing pickles from
A jar the size of Houston,
But free movies, nice.
 
Famous for nothing:
Mickey Mouse, Paris Hilton;
I worked for both.
 
Dusting shelf units
That held prescription meds at
Daddy’s pharmacy
 
Camp Counselor, Miss
Liz at your service. Candy
striper. Student. Pool Rat.

Hey you know that pair
of nutty kids I "matchmated?"
EN-GAGED. TO-DAY. Yep.

SO awesome, I am
on a Roll. WHO's NEXT?? Ginger?
I have a KNACK for this.
 
Summer associate
Terrible job in '09
Everyone angry!
 
Uh oh... :) Congrats on your match! (Heading for the hills...)
 
Mrs CL-

Do you have a sister?
 
Anon 5:43

No sister, but occasionally my evil alter-ego makes an appearance. Why?

Mrs. CL

I'm so glad I actually had people Haiku today, I was kinda worried. Thanks Razor Readers!
 
We love Haiku
Great job Mrs CL!

~*~*~*~*~
Anyone have a favorite gazpacho recipe? I have lots of tomatoes and cukes to use. Also looking for a good salsa verde recipe for my tomatillo crop.
 
Best gazpacho is
Tomatoes, peppers and barf-
Serve cold to enemies.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#