Friday, July 10, 2009

 

Haiku Friday: Summer reading


Why read Proust or something by the Brontes at the beach when there are books like "Bratfest at Tiffany's" being produced? Summer reading is just different... it's like the warm weather gives us permission to read total trash, whether it is silly novels or magazines from the checkout counter.

Personally, I have read some books in the summer I am too embarrassed to mention. I've never sunk so low as to buy one of those book covers to keep it secret, but... I have been tempted. Last summer, I even read an "Archie" comic book, which was shockingly relevant to our modern society.

So, let's haiku about summer reading. Here is mine:

"Bratfest at Tiffany's"--
The meaning is different
Up in Wisconsin.

Now, please, you take a turn...

Comments:
Sun rises early
Conviser Mini Review
Can't wait for August!
 
Leafing through "people"
Hiding it quickly from Mom
Kirsty got so fat!
 
sun also rises
bulls are still where i left them
thirteen years ago
 
Song of Solomon
Now that some racy reading
From the Bible, too.
 
Wisconsin's finest
Contribution to culture-
Beer boiled brats.
 
Baylor perspective
Bankruptcy: Cases and Rules
Light summer reading
 
Reading Conan Doyle,
Holmes and Watson out sleuthing,
Bad guys to Dartmore.
 
Husserl's Cartesian Meditations is on the block, as well as Glen Cook's Dread Empire series. I also plan on visiting HPB when I go to Austin for Baby Prodecutors' School next week and raiding it.
 
Ball's Blue Book of Canning
& Preserving. I can it
all now. Yes, I can.

Currently I have
thirty eight canning books checked
out. I'm a newbie.

So far have made only
freezer jam. Next: pickles, fruit. Tomatoes. DANGER!
 
Hey, just can it, Tyd
And read about M. Jackson
Turns put he was bald!
 
Unlimited books
Are in my hands this summer;
I have a Kindle ...
 
Thirty-two years old
Teenage vampire love stories
Age appropriate?
 
I refuse to buy
books anymore. So I wait
on Library list.

Waiting for bio
of William F Buckley by
his son Christopher,

also the one by
Elizabeth Edwards. I
love biographies.

Michael Jackson was
bald? Should've tried Hair Club
for ...what?...eunuchs???

OKAY OKAY! That
was mean. But who names their kids
Jermasty and Blanket????
 
Must read US Weekly
All day every day now
To catch up on "news"
 
The Da Vinci Code -
Poor man's Foucault's Pendulum
Equip tinfoil hats!
 
Tyd - the Ball book on Canning is worth the purchase. I use it ALL the time. If you are having trouble/questions get my e-mail from Osler. There are tricks to making it easier than it seems. I'm in year 2 of canning and I am getting pretty good and quick.

I also find a lot of great and easy recipes on-line.

Just read your MJ comment - tee, hee, hee
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#