Monday, December 20, 2010

 

Michigan Monday: The light of home


I got back to Michigan last night. As I arrived, there was this beautiful, familiar light pouring from the dining room at the front of the house and a party already in progress full of friends and family.

That light has always startled and warmed me; it is the warmest light I know, particularly coming over snow as the last light fades from the sky.

Tonight, in that light, I saw the outline of my mother preparing the table, looking carefully down at something, so I stood in the snow and watched for a moment, soaking it in, remembering it, for these days are too few.

Comments:
It is wonderful that you can go home, in more than your mind.

All my best to the Osler clan for a very Merry Chrismas!
 
i'm a big fan of how you take joy in the simple things.
few people are able to appreciate the beauty of those kinds of moments, but those who do get so much out of them...
Merry Christmas, good sir.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#