Saturday, March 19, 2011

 

The Eagles have landed

One of the people I miss in Waco is my friend Matt Johnson, who serves as Judge of Texas' 54th District Court. Matt has a great mind for history, and has made a point of researching his workplace, the beautiful county courthouse in the middle of town in Waco.

On Thursday, Matt sent me these pictures of the iconic zinc eagles that have adorned the courthouse for 109 years, and are now being replaced with reproductions:



Apparently, the plans originally called for the glass eyes of the eagles to be illuminated at night-- which would either be very creepy or totally cool, or perhaps both...


Comments:
I say creepy... unless they shot lasers and vaporized, like, Aggies or something like that.
 
I think the illuminated eyes could really be enhanced if the eagles were mounted on swivels, allowing them rotate as they looked out across the city...

PS--Eagles are always cooler than gargoyles.
 
I don't think the eyes should be lit with lasers, that would definitely be creepy. The eagles' eyes should be lit with smoldering light like embers, fierce and unblinking, lasting...cool.
 
I like all these ideas! They should be able to flap their wings. That would be cool.
 
I think you need one of these as a hood ornament on the Oslermobile.
 
and ONe for IPLAW's too Send him one too
 
IPLawGuy has an Oslermobile?
 
I would love a late 50's Oldsmobile with a big ass Eagle hood ornament!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#