Saturday, March 12, 2011

 

The end of the week...


Whew! What a week.

The highlight, of course, was the abolition of the death penalty in Illinois. There was more, though, which made it a good and important time, and me an exhausted man.

Yesterday, I gave a sample class for people who have been admitted to St. Thomas law school, which was a real privilege. I thought hard about what to use, and I hope that it worked well. It was wonderful to look out at that crowd and hope that they will be my students next year.

I also am pushing ahead with a few other projects for the next few weeks. One is the great moot court team I am coaching for the Evans Con Law tournament in Madison in two weeks. Another is the article I am working on for a symposium at the Univ. of DC on March 24 (you can see the schedule for that here). More on those developments as they happen!

In the meantime, I think this is the first time I've ever appeared in the Episcopal News Service...

Comments:
Congrats on the great week and the mention in the ENS!

Now, please tell me that you were released from those stockades long enough to eat at the Cheese Shoppe in Merchant's Square, just steps from where you were locked up. We're still trying to figure out a way to transport their house dressing safely back here.
 
Carrie-

Twice!
 
The next time you're there, I'd like a take-out order: roast beef with provolone, french bread, house dressing with an extra side of house dressing for dipping. A bottle of fancy ginger ale and fancy chips are optional. All of the above was my favorite lunch in ye olde Williamsburg. Yum.
 
Hmmm... I had chicken salad with cheddar, french bread, house on the side, ginger ale (which I forgot to drink) and crab-flavored chips.
 
Next time, forget to eat the crab-flavored chips, and get a brownie. And then head over to Sal's by Victor (one of at least three "Sal's" in town) for dinner. If I didn't walk so much when we lived in Williamsburg, I would have been as big as those oxen you photographed.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#