Friday, March 18, 2011

 

It's Friday, Friday, @*$@^$# Haiku Friday!



It's amazing! I am going to file suit if I can't get this terrible song out of my head. (I will admit to enjoying a few of the remakes, especially this and this). I even tried listening to better songs about Friday, but that didn't work.

Also, what's with the creepy pedophile following the 13-year-olds from the bus stop?

Here are the lyrics (in part):

7am, waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
Seein’ everything, the time is goin’
Tickin’ on and on, everybody’s rushin’
Gotta get down to the bus stop
Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

Kickin’ in the front seat
Sittin’ in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

...

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after...wards
I don’t want this weekend to end

[Rap Verse]

[Chorus]

It’s Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin’ down on Friday
Everybody’s lookin’ forward to the weekend

Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah)
Partyin’, partyin’ (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin’ forward to the weekend


So, I think this is totally haiku-worthy. Please don't worry too much about poetry convention (Rebecca Black doesn't either)-- just make it three short lines. Here are some possible themes:

1) Fun fun fun fun
2) Partyin'
3) How the days progress through the week (ie, Friday follows Thursday)
4) The weekend
5) Friday
6) The state of popular music generally
7) Cereal
8) Creepy guys following the school bus wanting to "party"
9) Fun fun fun fun
10) Partyin'

Here is mine:

Friday, Friday!
Gonna be writin' 'bout drug policy,
Fun fun fun fun

Now it is your turn...

Comments:
It's Friday, Friday
Gonna review documents
Just like ev'ry day

I need so many drinks. :/
 
The FCC has
Announced it will ban "Friday".
We so excited!

[not true...unfortunately]

I'm glad you chose to use this as today's haiku topic--though I think Rep. Peter King ought to be investigating Sarah Black for the irreparable damage she has done to America's cultural credibility.
 
Someone please, give me a lobotomy after all this. Until the Razor I didn't even know Sarah Black and her song existed!
 
Who let them drive?
I am stupified, baffled,
and nauseous.
 
Fun fun fun fun fun
Fun fun fun fun fun fun fun
Fun fun fun fun fun!
 
Pickles in the back seat,
Dee Dee in the front seat,
Which should I choose?
 
ps-- the intern would be driving, of course.
 
Like a singing saw
Her voice melts brains
Not hearts.
 
Rough week in first grade:
let's get through Friday without
a call from the school.
 
Friday, Friday,
Right before Saturday...
Thanks for clearing that up.
 
If I was a squirrel
I would live in a peach orchard
And eat the fermented fruit - that's a party!
 
Vitriol Anger
And the day befor vacay.
I just said, "vacay."
Sorry.
 
Monday, Tuesday
Wednesday, Thursday, FRIDAY!
Saturday, Sunday...
 
Kooky Friday. I
took naps today. I was sick.
Then went to Costco.

YAWN.
 
Bob Dylan, why must
you cover a Sarah Black
song? Go with front seat.
 
... and then drop her off at middle school.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#