Wednesday, May 25, 2011

 

Erick Sandlin Update!


A few people have inquired about the guy pictured with me here (I used the photo just last week).

Though there may seem to be a family resemblence, that guy is actually my former student Erick Sandlin. Erick was a great student at Baylor, and now is a fine lawyer at Bracewell Guiliani in Houston.

Intriguingly, he is also a pretty good artist. You can see some of his work here.

It has occurred to me that I have quite a few artists popping in on this blog (including my own dad). What if we had a Razor Art Show? We could feature a different artist every day for a week or so (or one a week over several weeks), then have a group show on the blog at the end.

Good idea? Who is in?

Comments:
I would sugggest you make it a semi-regular feature ... once a month ... or when the whim strikes.
 
I'm in...but I'm with CraigA....
 
I was very moved by these paintings,which surprized me since I am an aficianado of the Impressionists and connect most powerfully with human figures. Erick is immensely talented,in many ways,so it would seem. I would love to see art on this blog,and you musing about what you see and what memories it brings up in you. I had a mother who painted and loved art,and my son is a wonderful painter. I often post paintings or youtube videos of paintings on my Facebook profile,but am not an artist in that way. Go for it,and thank you for sharing Erick with us.
 
Your dad is incredible too. One can feel the blood in the veins,sinews pulsing and persona in his work. Thank you for sharing him too.
 
Love the idea
 
Thanks for the post, dad! I think an art feature is a great idea. I would love to see what others are doing. Also, Renee, I appreciate your kind words.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#