Friday, May 13, 2011

 

Haiku Friday: Congratulations!



I love Spring.

For one thing, it is a time of graduations, one of the rare opportunities to celebrate those we love. Better than a funeral (for the person being celebrated, at least), different than a wedding, it is fit to this season of growth and renewal.

Tomorrow is our graduation here at St. Thomas, and I have been given the honor (by my new students here), of being the "hooder"-- the person who puts the hood on each graduate. For one thing, I will get to wear this again at a time of such joy. Better, though, is the chance to meet the parents and families of these amazing people I have gotten to know over the past year. I love that part.

So, today, let's haiku about celebration. It can be graduation, current or remembered, or some other accomplishment among those around you. Make the first line 5-7 syllables, the second line 6-8, and the third line 5-7.

Here is mine. It is kind of about what I saw in my yard this week, and kind of not:

I didn't plant these tulips,
I just got to watch them spring forth.
Now I meet the gardeners.

Now it is your turn...

Comments:
Guinness,Sweet Colleens
Cake tendersweet a Lady's kiss
Squeezebox calls my name.
 
A "new" professor
Publicly supports haiku.
Vischer does this too.
 
Will you raise your glass
Drink to all that we have lost
Hope for the future?
 
Walked like alphabets
In basic black you and I
Sweet Tom.You happy?
 
I will wear black, but
Not to honor death, I won't,
But the mind, and spring.
 
I will raise my glass
Because the future looks great:
I walk with purpose.
 
Spring of ninety five
I walked with my secret friend
Nestled safe inside.

Beautiful baby boy
Is so much more important
Than that Ph. D.
 
Learning something new
Finding something unexpected
Sleeping through the night.
 
I kept it from you.
My Phi Beta Kappa in English
Not Russian.Still proud,Dad?
Yes!
 
Spring is here and I
look forward to getting my
tonsils out. Pinch me.
 
Little girls laughing
The feeling of 'feeling full'
Anticipation
 
I am a lawyer!
I have a degree, license
Now what do I do?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#