Friday, November 04, 2011

 

Haiku Friday: Ping Pong!


Today I am participating in the St. Thomas Ping Pong Smackdown, a four week ordeal of grueling matches which extend for days.

My first round opponent is, oddly, razorite and last week's haiku champion, S. I'm not sure how that happened, but it's good news for her because I am really bad at ping-pong. I also don't have any idea when or where we are playing, so it may be even easier than she thinks.

So, let's haiku about ping pong and any other basement-type games you like-- pool, air hockey, Ms. Pac Man, whatever. Here is mine:

Let go of the paddle
It flew, fast and true, into
Into Tom Brooke's head.

Now it is your turn. If your 5 syllable/7 syllable/5 syllable poem is judged superior to all others, you will win your more-or-less accurate biography here on Monday! Now do it!

Comments:
Called it beerpong,
Did I win or did I lose?
Pass the Tylenol.
 
I love bumper pool!
A game of angles and trash talk
No one knows the rules.
 
Anon. 6:27-- that actually kind of rhymes. I'm not sure we have ever that before here.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
A large oak table
twentyfive cent piece in hand
one bounce, clink, sploosh, drink

to our amazement
our accuracy improved
as the night progressed
 
Threw out my shoulder,
but dang it - I won the game!
Air hockey victor!
 
Down in the basement
The favorite game was one
We hid from my mom.
 
Ping pong diplomacy
A simple game linked two nations
Next stop? Jerusalem!
Bob
 
making basement stew
like a game but no winners
a fishy . . . bork . . . bork
 
My head? Did not notice
I was busy playing Risk
Life, Monopoly.
 
Ping Pong I never liked.
Or maybe it was just the
BASEMENT part of it.
 
Ping pong date,in cellar
Led to other games,witnessed
young brother,sly feller.
 
Gentleman farmer,
Surrogate Dad, gave us ping pong.
No strings love: best gift.
 
Christine--I do believe you've done it again.
 
Saw through Ms Pac-Man's
ulterior motive:
woo girls to gaming.

But played Ms Pac-Man
obsessively. Loved to chomp
up those blinking dots.
 
"You're toast", "In my dust",
"I could do this one handed",
Trash talk, simple joy.


Osler says he's bad,
I say I'm worse, being right
makes Ping Pong loser
 
Renee - I'm kind of favoring Anon 9:56 and the Medievalist.


The Osler's basement
A journey into the dark
kittie eyes stared back

~*~*~
dark, dank, unfinished
so utilitarian
teenage haven, not
 
Heard of nude-a-thon?
Little boys hide-- don't get caught!
New Year's tradition.
 
Not skillful at pong.
Like pursuit trivial...or
Lush convivial!


The night Rock beat Toni
At Monoply,folks snoozed.
Clunk! board grazed his head.
 
Poker table blush
Sweaters, jeans and lingerie
Lord, I need a flush!
 
Skinny generals
Slug Mountain Dew before they
Invade Kamchatka!
 
Chalk soothes his cane tip.
Motions her to an oak table.
She thrills!How spheres fly!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#