Saturday, December 28, 2013

 

America needs more haiku!!!!

People!  After a bumper crop recently, we are woefully short on haiku this week!  Perhaps everyone is skiing, or at dance class or something, but I know the good words and true are out there...

Haiku Friday is by far my own favorite day at the Razor.  I'm happy to be the worst poet on there, week after week, when it means I get the chance to read what some of you can do.  And the personalities!  They come out in the best way.  Except Geoffrey.  He sucks.

Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
The end of the year!
Equal marriage became law
in my blue, blue state.

Innocent people
Got out of jail, acquitted.
The guilty, pardoned.

Justice and mercy.
A close friend went to heaven
After a good life.

Another showed me
What courage looks like, illness
Not stopping his voice.

I heard a speech that
Would go on to change the world,
A passionate rant.

Each day, a blessing
To see the sun rise at dawn
Over the blue lake.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#