Friday, April 04, 2014

 

Haiku Friday: Ouch!


Last week I had an unfortunate event… I stopped for coffee while driving, and went to a place where it was dispensed out of a machine into a cup that you placed under a spigot.  I did that, but it only filled the cup about 2/3 of the way.  So I pressed the button again and then it overfilled the cup-- stuff was spilling all over!  I reached my hand in to grab the cup out of there and poured boiling-hot coffee on my hand.  Then I jerked my hand away and threw coffee all over myself.  I ended up with some bad burns.

It was quite a performance.  Maybe not quite as bad as that one day in Grand Marais or during the "Dallas Incident," but still pretty bad.

So let's haiku today about injuries-- to you, someone else, Joe Theisman, whoever.  I'll go first:

Ham-handed Osler
Tossing coffee straight upward;
It had to come down.

Now you go!  Just make it 5 syllables for the first line, 7 for the second, and 5 for the third… and don't hurt yourself!



Comments:
Late drunken horseplay;
My ACL could not hold.
Now, I do not drink.
:)
 
When doing dumb stuff
Best not to have witnesses
Ooops, I always forget


 
Kayaks on car roof
Ropes thrown but not tied off
Hood dents, friends laughing

 
Carpet "ice skating" ...
I'm no Ekaterina!
(broken toe as proof)
 
Screwdrivers are not
The best tool in the drawer,
For opening paint can.
 
Kids in our back yard
Loved to jump on trampoline
Eek, look out! Smashed nose.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
One drunken evening
As I climbed through a window
I fell backwards, ouch....

More recently, boom...
again, through another window,
ankle bruise, not sprained

Perhaps I should stop
trying to climb through windows
and try the door - hum.....
 
Toby was big for
an eighth grader. Option right;
left clavicle snapped.

 
Ebony High Heels
Took a trip faster down stairs
Than planned. Leg not amused.
 
Thrice wounded heart by
Power ambushed in Love's House.
I try to heal. Burnt.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#