Sunday, April 06, 2014

 

Sunday Reflection: Sacred Space



I believe the admonition that Jesus gave us, that we are to gather in his name.  I think corporate worship is important.  We need one another.

There is no command, though, that the gathering be in a church.

I've come to believe that places become sacred because of what happens there, not by its designation.  I have been in churches that seem devoid of the Spirit, and in cars which were full of it.

Maybe the conceit is that we can make a place sacred, for example by building a church.  In truth, though, it is the Holy Spirit that does so, and a thing so great cannot be captured by walls.

Comments:
That is so true, makes me think of magical nights at the opera house. Three thousand people transfixed by the beautiful voices of humans like us...but then, why did it feel divine all around?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#