Wednesday, April 09, 2014

 

This summer's song



Every summer, it seems like there is one pop song that captures the mood of the time.  It's the song that the lifeguards listen to, the one that gets everyone on their feet at a beach party, the one that inspires a special, intricate dance among 16-year-olds.

Even though it isn't brand new (it was written for the movie Despicable Me 2, which came out a while ago), Pharrell William's "Happy" seems like a pretty good bet.  The official video, above, is nice, but I really like this version from elementary school students at Detroit's Academy of Arts and Sciences:



Though, it's hard not to love the one from Paris, too:



And Jamaica:



There are even happy Romanians!



Comments:
I like to Hula Hoop to this song. Not sure if it will hold on to be song of the summer. It was the song of Spring Break.

 
Happy!!!!

You love the Paris one because of those mascots! They even have a PANDA!


 
I do love me some pandas.
 
I’m partial to the Romanians, but only because I take that exact same train from the video when I go to visit my aunt. Otherwise I have to say the kids from Detroit are the best.
 
Jamaica rocks!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#