Friday, July 11, 2014

 

Haiku Friday: By the water


It's summer in the Midwest, and it seems like everyone but me is off at a lake these days (I am holed up working on the clemency project).  Later this month, though, I will get my chance.  The picture above is of my dad and sister, doing what they do up at the Island.

What is it we do near water?  Read, cook, rest, talk, fish… it is a different kind of life.  Let's haiku about that this week.  I will go first:

A good rubber raft
Sofa and clubhouse, afloat
A lush afternoon.

Now it is your turn-- make if 5 syllables/7 syllables/5 syllables, and have some fun!






Comments:
Weekend at the lake,
The sky-blue sparkling water,
Cool balm for the soul.
 
eyes closed, listening
rhythm-mic like a beating heart
water laps the shore

my breathing, slow, calm
syncing, recharging with that
of Mother Nature
 
Roped-off swimming hole,
cold water and slimy ground -
float your cares away.
 
Christine wins "The Cat's Meow" award. Stunning.
 
We sit by the pool
It is the color of his
Eyes.He is stretched out

Abyssinian
Mark Antony fetlocks curled,
Gondola legs, toes

Kiss mine.I am drowned
By lust.Bends low to kiss me.
Freckles on warm skin. Lips.
 
SCOOTENAY RESERVOIR

Desert Mudpuddle
They swim in a chocolate lake
Irrigation water

Excess from growing
Potatoes and beets and wheat
Farmer in patched jeans

Reaches out to save
His youngest daughter,as she
Goes down for third time.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#