Sunday, August 24, 2014

 

Sunday Reflection: In Between Times

In Minnesota, this is an in-between time.  Summer is over, the pool is closed, but it isn't quite fall yet.  We know what was, and what is coming. 

I find that I have in-between times in my own pattern of life, too.  There will be frantic activity, with another coming up, and I am in that valley.  I am learning to use it well, to recharge, rather than feeling anxious that I'm not doing enough right now.  And I do have to learn; that's not something I am good at.  I have friends like Susan Stabile who have routines of prayer and meditation that I admire, but that is a very hard thing for me to do. 

Perhaps what is happening is that I am beginning to recognize that not all days need to be the same.  There is a reason Jesus kept asking people if they kept the Sabbath-- it's important to have that day that is different. 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#