Saturday, September 06, 2014

 

Oh, no! Fooled by Scandanavians



The song above ("Young Folks" by Peter, Bjorn, and John) has always kind of stumped me.  I thought the signature line in the song was "We don't care about the old folks/talking 'bout their OnStar."  It kind of made sense-- old people talking about the technology in Buicks.

However, it turns out I had it wrong.  Here are the lyrics:

And we don't care about the young folks
Talking 'bout the young style
And we don't care about the old folks
Talking 'bout the old style too

And we don't care about our own faults
Talking 'bout our own style
All we care about is talking
Talking only me and you


Ah, well.  Who hasn't been fooled by Swedish indie pop now and then?

Comments:
OnStar is funnier.
 
You slay me! And welcome to my world. I am deaf due to the fact that, as a flight attendant, I sat over airplane engines for 35 years. Actually sometimes I prefer the humorous things I think I hear people say, to what they actually do say. I live my life in subtitles. Have some lute Fisk with cream sauce and a hunk of lefse.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#