Friday, April 10, 2015

 

Haiku Friday: Wisconsin!


Here in Minnesota, people have mixed opinions about our neighbor to the East, Wisconsin.  Sure, it America's heartland for cheese, political intrigue, and giant fiberglass Northern Pike.  You might love it, you might hate it, but everyone has an opinion about cheese-eating, final-four-losing Wisconsin!

Let's haiku about that today.  I'll go first:

You call it Spooner;
I call it evil Milbog
Closes at seven.

Now it is your turn! Just make it 5 syllables/7 syllable/5 syllables, and have some fun!


Comments:
Robert La Follette,
Joseph McCarthy, Bart Starr,
Richie Cunningham
 
Manitowoc town
Known for building ships and cranes
Reminds me of friends
 
Good friend Nancy from
Green Bay. Has Lambeau seats for
life. Wears the cheese head.

 
La Crosse Wisconsin
sits between river and bluffs.
People have gathered

for five hundred years;
playing games, and war, and peace.
French pale skins arrived.

Noted game with sticks
that resembled a bishops
crozier or la crosse.
 
Brats, cheddar, custard
Parents met at Madison
My home away from home
 
Fromm's Dog Food Chicken
Duck local artisanal
Cheese Max would eat sticks
 
Had Wisconsin won,
I'd have won the office pool.
Instead, twentieth.
 
The Joe cheese-Heads full
90 puck final tragedy
Badgers beat the Gate

 
A city whose purpose
is gone.. still can get cheap beer
in Superior
 
I have got nothing
Never been to Wisconsin
I hear it's real nice
 
I'm Minnesota,
I've nothing to say about
Those easterner types.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#