Tuesday, April 07, 2015

 

Thank you for your service, Bucky Badger



The final four was pretty epic, and I was glued to the TV for the final last night.  Wisconsin and Duke was a pretty epic matchup, after all, and I loved watching the Badgers beat Kentucky in the semifinals.

Mostly, though, I was looking for Bucky the Badger. How can you not love Bucky? Next to Goldy the Gopher, he is the most fun Big 10 mascot, after all. Sadly, he didn't seem to make it to the floor very often during the game.

Now I have to turn my attention to baseball, which mostly just confuses me. Every time I think I understand it, something new crops up-- i.e., stealing first base. Who knew?

But, in several months, college football will re-appear and make things ok again...

Comments:
Mark, not all is lost. Maybe snow blower fumes have gotten to you … yet, my friend, there is more to the world than Big 10 mascots. Huskies and Fighting Irish will be going at it tonight. And may I remind your dusty skates in the back of some dark closet … the ultimate college sporting event of the year, the Frozen Four, will be contested this weekend on the Holy ice of the Boston Garden by Terriers, Friars, Mavericks … and like your local guy (Prince) … the team once known as the Fighting Sioux. Much to live for before football season … including the wonders and mysteries of baseball.
 
Oh, right! The Frozen Four! I forgot about that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#