Saturday, October 03, 2015

 

Bastards of the Reagan Era


Several years ago, when we were doing the Trial of Jesus in Cambridge, Massachusetts, I first met the poet Reginald Dwayne Betts.  He was working on a big project-- a book of poems about crack and prison-- while on fellowship at Harvard.  I saw him again last year in New Haven, where he is now a student at Yale Law.  Don't let the Harvard/Yale thing define him for you, though; there is a lot more than that in his life story.

Bastards of the Reagan Era is the book he was working on. If you care about some of the things I do (and even if you don't), I would really recommend it. It says some things I have been trying to say in a better and more whole way than I ever have.

Oh, and this… Mr. Betts appears (along with many Razorites) in the book I just finished (on doing the Trial of Jesus), which will come out in August, 2016.





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#