Thursday, November 26, 2015

 

Giving Thanks

Earlier this week, I worked with Mike Romano, Thea Johnson, and Milena Nelson Blake at Stanford to place this piece by Kimberly Richardson at the Washington Post.  Kimberly was just released from prison through one of President Obama's clemency grants. Here is part of what she has to say:

Today, I am back with my family and living in my mother’s home. I got a job making sandwiches at a sub shop. On the wall above the dining room table is the framed letter that the president wrote to me to tell me that I was to be freed. In that letter, he said, “I am granting your application because you have demonstrated the potential to turn your life around. Now it is up to you to make the most of this opportunity.” I am so deeply thankful to him for that opportunity.

In a way, isn't that true of all of us? It is up to us to make the most of our opportunities.

Comments:
Indeed. Often our opportunities are staring us in the face. Yet, we allow ourselves to be distracted by the petty, the pretty, and the easy.
Go for it everybody! Challenge yourselves. Max out those opportunities.

Thankful for Mark and the Razor for giving me much to think about.

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#