Friday, November 13, 2015

 

Haiku Friday: Pets and other animals


Recently, I was paying for a box of live crickets at PetsMart, and had this conversation with the cashier:

Cashier: Would you like to donate $1 to homeless pets?

Me: What would a homeless pet do with $1?

Cashier:  Probably buy food and things.

Me: If it's homeless, is it a pet? Isn't that a feral animal? Should we trust feral animals with money? Won't they buy drugs?

Cashier (handing me change and cutting me off): Ok, well, thanks for shopping at PetsMart!

I regret my smart alecky-ness; sometimes I should not think out loud, I guess. Thinking more clearly about it, I doubt that PetsMart gives the money directly to the "homeless pets."

At any rate, let's haiku about pets and other animals today… here, I will go first:

My cricket-eater
Is Ash the Lizard; Found out
They live to thirty.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun!  (I am especially curious to learn more about the Medievalist's pet, which I think is a kangaroo or something).

Comments:
My old old doggie
Watches birds so intently
Mystery of flight?
 
I'm a homeless pet
Sad eyes, hiding and furtive
Searching… love and food.
 
The good Prof exposed:
Caved to seven year old's pleas
Buys LOTS of crickets!
 
Jeffrey the gerbil,
He ate lots of celery,
Big feet, great jumper.
 
Lily Belle can jump
just like on a trampoline
four paws off the floor
 
FOR THE LOVE OF ROMEO


Misgiving mornings
I wake and hold him, Snuffling
Pufferbelly...My couage comes.

Born knowing how to
Love,dogs' time here is short. There
Is not much for them

To learn here. Kiss,wag
Kiss,a few treats,snooze,dinner,wag,
Chew toy,chase ball.Kiss.

 
Tony had issues.
He could not bear separation.
Yowl he did when I
Back from sojourns
To Amsterdam or London.
He would eat cashmere

For revenge.Sweaters,
Blankets. Then was put on Zoloft--
Separation Anxiety.

Still I loved him. I
Was he an old love reincarnate?
Asthma inhaler

Like champagne by my
Bedside. There was the morning I
Woke...wet spot on leg.Divorce.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#