Monday, February 08, 2016

 

Those are some shoes!

I suppose I should have figured that women are more interested in shoes than men... and it brought in some great poems! Like this one from Renee:

Leopardskin mules,Dad
And I saw in Edina.
He said,"Buy at J.C Penné."

Then sent cash to "Buy those
Darling shoes." Do you see now
Why I'll never throw them away?


Christine had this:

So buttery soft,
hand crafted, finest leather
purchased in Brazil

Came in a felt bag
Worn on special occasions
Re-soled many times.


And I was very intrigued by Amy's bargain-hunting skills:

Kate Spade spring pumps on
Consignment, twenty-two bucks.
Oh, those kitten-heeled

Gems, purple-flowered,,
Low-heeled; felt like royalty,
Took the edge off work.


Meanwhile, the Medievalist held down the fort for us guys, and I think I have seen these shoes:

Black with a white swoosh,
Comfortable tennis shoes,
To Iceland and back.


But.... why did a Spanish Medievalist go to Iceland?






Comments:
I'm just glad "PuppyMonkeyBaby" has six syllables
 
We all are.
 
I went to Iceland looking for my Viking roots. I got there, found them everywhere, passed for a local, had a great time. Everyone should go to Iceland, but wear comfortable shoes. It's a walking place.

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#